You have worked hard, sacrificed, and made wise financial decisions to get where you are in life.
Now, you’re facing the risk of losing substantially all of it.
The good news is that you can still avoid financial disaster in your Charleston divorce. Instead of kicking yourself for letting things get this far without making a divorce contingency plan, you should act now to protect your financial future.
The choice is yours.
THE THREE KEYS TO YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE AFTER YOUR DIVORCE
Your financial future will hinge largely on how well you do three things during your Charleston divorce.
- Always think financially. You cannot afford to make decisions emotionally. The decisions you make during your Charleston divorce will directly affect the remainder of your life. While you may have many reasons to be upset and even angry, you must take a step back and make your decisions with your head and not your heart. Impulsive emotion-laden decisions during your divorce will almost certainly cost you money – sometimes lots of money for many years into the future.
- Plan for your financial needs before, during, and after your divorce. Develop and implement a strategic plan for where you want to be after your divorce. While a wedding may be all about celebrating the love of two people, a divorce is largely about who gets the money after the divorce. You need a plan to save your assets in your Charleston divorce.
- Become informed. As I outline in the articles on this website, getting divorced is easy. Getting divorced and protecting your assets is difficult. Protecting your assets requires two things: (a) you must become well informed regarding the Charleston divorce process; and (b) you must obtain expert advice from an experienced Charleston, SC divorce lawyer, financial advisor, and other divorce professionals.
YOUR ASSETS MATTER IN YOUR CHARLESTON DIVORCE
You can get started now by reading these articles.
- How to Financially Survive Your Charleston Divorce. In this article, you will learn about 5 things you need to do immediately to maximize your financial outcome from your Charleston divorce.
- 10 Critical Factors in a Charleston High Net Worth Divorce. This article will provide you with a 10-Step Financial Security Plan for your Charleston high net worth divorce.
- Avoiding 7 Financial “Traps” During Your Charleston Divorce. Your financial future could be ruined – before you get started – if you fall into one or more of these financial “traps” during your divorce. Learn how and why you should avoid them.
- 4 Types of Financial Documents You Will Need For Your Charleston Divorce. To lay the foundation for your future, you must think financially – not emotionally. You should start preparing for your Charleston divorce by collecting and organizing your financial documents. Learn what documents you will need to collect during this process.
- How Your Charleston Divorce Can Affect Your Social Security Benefits. You can qualify to receive spousal Social Security benefits after your Charleston divorce if you satisfy 5 requirements, click to learn more.
Throughout this website, you will find the answers to many other frequently asked questions concerning Charleston divorce law. These articles will give you the information that you need to build a sound financial future for you and your children.
HELP FOR YOU
Divorce happens to good people. I am here to protect your rights and save your assets in your Charleston divorce.
As an experienced Charleston divorce and child custody attorney, I can answer your South Carolina divorce and legal separation questions. To speak directly with me, please call me now at 843-631-7117.
Alternatively, please use the contact form to ask me any questions that you may have regarding your Charleston divorce or legal separation case. I will be quick to respond.
Working together, we will protect your assets and build a better future for you and your children in Awendaw, Charleston, Daniel Island, Goose Creek, Isle of Palms, James Island, Johns Island, Kiawah Island, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Seabrook Island, Sullivan’s Island, Summerville, West Ashley or another Lowcountry community.
Recommendations For Additional Reading