We are proud to announce our fourth annual Peck Law Firm Scholarship contest for the 2018-2019 school year!
For many students across the nation, paying for college is a huge challenge. Students, or their parents, are often forced to take out student loans to pay for college tuition, fees, and housing.
Since 2016, we have given scholarship awards to three exemplary students. This is our way of responding to the ever-increasing costs of higher education in the United States. We look forward to awarding another scholarship to a worthy student this year.
Our past winners include:
- Bennett Lunn — A high school graduate from Aiken, SC
- Anthony Perez — A college graduate of Georgia Tech University
- Elizbeth Hipes — A high school graduate from Mount Pleasant, SC
For our 2019 contest, we are asking applicants to write an essay answering the following question: “Should judges start child custody cases with a presumption that fathers and mothers should have equal time with their children after a divorce?”
Our $2,000 scholarship is open to any American citizen that meets the following criteria:
- Will have graduated high school on or before July 1, 2019
- Has a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Will be attending a college, graduate school, or law school for the 2019 Fall Semester
The application process is simple. There are just three steps:
- Completely fill out the application form
- Submit an essay of 1,000 words or less
- Attach a resume and any applicable transcripts
The application and detailed rules can be found here.
We look forward to reading the ideas and insights in this year’s essays. We wish all of our applicants the best and urge all students to apply.
The application deadline is May 31, 2019 and the winner will be announced on July 31, 2019.